Published: 29 October 2020
This privacy notice explains how your personal information will be used and your rights under data protection legislation. Please take time to read it prior to providing your information.
It applies in addition to the privacy notice of our online shop, which manages the registration process: https://onlineshop.strath.ac.uk/help/privacy-notice/.
Who we are
The University of Strathclyde is the organisation responsible for your personal data in terms of data protection legislation (the “data controller”).
If you have any questions regarding the handling of your personal data, or your rights, please contact the University’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect and use about you
When you submit a contribution to the conference, we collect your name, email address, and affiliation, plus those of your co-authors.
When you register for the conference, we collect your name, email address, billing address, and optionally your affiliation, telephone number, and consent to be contacted about future events organized by the Department of Naval Architecture, Ocean, and Marine Engineering.
Why we require this information and our lawful basis
We use your personal data to manage the conference, including:
- Responding to queries.
- Communicating with you about your submission and the conference.
- Preparing, administering, and managing registration and attendance.
- Communicating with you about future events (if you have given us your consent for this).
We process your information on the basis that:
- It is necessary to fulfil a contract with you, or
- It is in the legitimate interest of the University to process your information, or
- We have your consent to process your information (to let you know about future events).
Who we share your personal information with
We share your personal information with a third-party supplier, ConfTool GmbH, who manages the article submission process on behalf of the University.
Your personal information will not be transferred outside the EEA.
How long your personal information is retained
We will retain your details for a period of seven months from the date of the event, when it will be securely deleted by us and ConfTool GmbH.
If you have given us your consent to be notified of future events, we will retain your name and email address until you withdraw your consent. You can do this at any time by clicking on the following link in any of the emails we send you: http://lists.strath.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/naome-events-announce.
Under data protection legislation, you have a number of rights, including the right to:
- Withdraw consent, at any time, where that is the lawful basis of our processing.
- Access your personal data and obtain a copy, free of charge.
- Rectify inaccuracies in the personal data that we hold about you.
- Erasure, that is have your personal data removed from the systems that we use to process it.
- Restrict the processing of your data in certain ways.
- Obtain a portable copy of the data you have given to us in a commonly used electronic form.
- Object to certain processing of your personal data by us.
Please note that the ability to exercise these rights will vary and depend on the lawful basis under which the processing is being carried out.
Please contact the University’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com if you wish to exercise/enquire about any of these rights.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you can contact the University’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.